- Campus map with accessible routes
- Electronic and Information Resource Accessibility
- Blackboard Accessibility Information and Updates
- Campus Evacuation Procedures for People with Disabilities (pg. 40-43 of the UMBC Police’s Emergency Response Plan)
- MD Technology Assistance Programs
- Faculty Resources
- Job Accommodation Network
- ADA Accommodation Medical Information Request Form
- How Do I _______? Accessibility Resources
Employment-related requests for accommodation shall be referred to the campus ADA Coordinator.
- Web page accessibility guidelines
- Disability etiquette
- Service animals (provisions and etiquette)
- Access Maryland Program
Access Maryland Process at UMBC
The community of UMBC has creativity, insight and experience that we would like to harness to develop projects that meet the needs of the campus and its constituents. As a diverse campus known for innovation, we are all invited to make a difference in accessibility for UMBC’s community and improve the campus experience of people with disabilities. One way we strive to continually improve our campus’s physical accessibility is by engaging the Access Maryland Program with capital projects generated from our entire community.
The annual Access Maryland Accessibility Discussion is scheduled in the early Spring, though the information gathering process is continuous. This Maryland Access Program form has been created to capture ideas year-round for improving physical accessibility on campus. A gentle reminder – information about an individual’s disability is confidential. Your idea page(s) should refrain from including personally identifiable details, though general references (i.e. someone in a wheelchair) are fine.
You may submit the Access Maryland Program form as an attachment to Celso Guitian in Planning and Construction Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Lazarus, ADA/Section 504 Coordinator at email@example.com.